Not taking throttle or boosting

Glanza-2012

Fresh Recruit
When i rev my glanza, the pipe between the inlet manifold and the top mount nearly sucks itself shut.. I suspected a blockage so i removed the intercooler and all pipes to check, all was good. Then i removed the dump valve and blanked off the port and it will rev all the way but wont boost..

Has anyone had any similar problems or know how to solve it? my next bet was remove the cat and see if it was chocked?

Thanks Jez

AdamB

Member +
Are you just running a normal 1 Ply rubber hose between manifold and intercooler? I found on quite a few turbocharged cars that rubber ones are weak and tend to clapse.

Have you done a diagnostic test to check to see if there are any fault codes?

Glanza-2012

Fresh Recruit
Its a samco hose between the manifold and intercooler, haven't diagnostic check yet as the management light isn't on...

Texx

Super Moderator
Are you using the stock air filter housing? Have you checked the air filter and air filter intake isn't clogged up?

If you pull the hose off between the turbo and intercooler does the other hose still collapse when you rev the engine?

Glanza-2012

Fresh Recruit
Yeah still using the stock air filter housing, removed the pipe and found alot of black crap in there, clean the whole lot out and its all good, thanks for the help! :)