Nurburgring, September.

Neal

Member +
A club i help run is organising its second trip to the nurburgring in late September 2008. Some of the guys have just got back after easter and are already planning on going back to Germany in September for another crack at the Ring.

If you are interested in coming along log onto www.octanejunkies.com, we are mostly based in the north west but everybody is welcome.

I will definately be going this time!

D3N0

Member +
nurburgring is a wicked trip, im going some time in august with about a 15 car rally. should be fun, so i dont think il b able to come to this.

rb69

Member +
I'd love to do something like this, how much do you think it will cost all in?

edit: without crashing at the ring!

D3N0

Member +
i heard it will cost you €800-1800 for touching the walls of the track. so its best to be careful

Neal

Member +
Here are a few cost scenarios (approx):
1 car and driver on own, sharing a twin bedroom
Getting there = £196 (fuel) + £58 (ferry) = £254
Staying there = £10 (stop-over) + £30*3 nights = £100
On the Ring (15 laps) = £349
Other = £160
Total = £863

1 car and driver, 2 passengers, sharing room for 6
Getting there = £196 (fuel) + £58 (ferry) = £254/3 = £85
Staying there = £10 (stop-over) + £23*3 nights = £79
On the Ring (15 laps) = £349 (driver only)
Other = £160
Total = Passenger £324 / Driver £673

1 car and driver, 3 passengers, sharing room for 8
Getting there = £196 (fuel) + £58 (ferry) = £254/4 = £63.50
Staying there = £10 (stop-over) + £17*3 nights = £61
On the Ring (15 laps) = £349 (driver only)
Other = £160
Total = Passenger £284.50 / Driver £633.50

Obviously, ways to keep costs down for drivers, is less laps (But, what are you there for anyway?!). And, you could always act like a complete mingebag, and scav beers and live off pot noodles that you bought at duty free!!

Moral of the trip is - the more the merrier. And, if you can't make it with your car for whatever reason, consider being a passenger, as you'll have 'still' one of the best trips of your life.

Streetech

Member +
I am going this thursday, not in the Starlet though but will still be fun. Arranged a couple of pax laps in other peoples cars who will be there too.

Will post up picks when i get back.

toyobaz

Member +
i was over there at easter
driving the ring with snow everywhere was fookin scarey !
took the wifes 306 rallye but have taken the starlet in previous years,

can highly recommend going over, once you have been you will just want to keep going back, there really is nothing else like it !:rockon: