Oil filter :s

Sazzy

Member +
I got a free voucher for halfrauds and thought I'd use it to my advantage as I need to change the oil filter, I rang and asked if they had the part etc... went down and the filter they have sold me just does not look big enough...

They were hell bent on the "usual starlet filter is exactly the same as the turbo import one" in their exact words...

Can anyone confirm this before I loose my temper with the filter and stick a screwdriver through it! lol I can't get the old one off for toffee!

Thank you from the little girly in the mids :p

nyahbingi

Member +
No need to stick a driver through it mate. Just tap the driver with a hammer when positioned on the rim of the filter close to the housing. Tap in an anticlockwise direction when facing car!

I did this yesterday :)

Fatman

Member +
Don't be a butcher! Buy a decent tool that will get it off every time no matter how tight it is. There are many variations on the idea, here's one example:

mt0428-00-03x.jpg

I've got a more simple version than the above, was the equivilent of about 4 quid and works flawlessly.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Don't be a butcher! Buy a decent tool that will get it off every time no matter how tight it is. There are many variations on the idea, here's one example:

mt0428-00-03x.jpg

I've got a more simple version than the above, was the equivilent of about 4 quid and works flawlessly.

doubt that'd fit with all the aircon and shiz in place ;)

i find either a filter cup or removal strap work best :)

or a 'driver :haha:

J25GTi

Lifer
doubt that'd fit with all the aircon and shiz in place ;)

i find either a filter cup or removal strap work best :)

or a 'driver :haha:

I just use a screwdriver, dont see the problem with it! simple, and works, its not as if your going to be refitting it lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
the champoin 138 fits. i use that all the time from halfords + trade card £3.50 ea :D

that is the filter i used on my last oil change, gotta love the trade card ;)

ive also used the halfords own brand ones, blueprint motor factor ones and genuine toyota.
all are slightly different in size and shape, but not by much.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I just use my hands to whip the filter off?
They dont need to be that tight!

same here. usually the first oil change when it comes in from japland is a bit of a bugger as it probably hasnt been changed for a long time.

after that hand tight should be good enough. even with my weak arms i can do it up tight enough ;)

addz

Member +
same here. usually the first oil change when it comes in from japland is a bit of a bugger as it probably hasnt been changed for a long time.

after that hand tight should be good enough. even with my weak arms i can do it up tight enough ;)

Exactly:)