oil pressure releif valve help

buckets

Member +
looking to put a washer into the oil pressure releif valve ,is there pictures on how its done and what size washer is needed ,
any help would be great

buckets

Member +
been doing abit of reading ,getting diferant views ,people useing 2mm thick washer 1.5 mm washer,and 1mm ones lol ,thing is do i remoe the cerclip washer and put in a new washer altogether ?id be thinking a 1.5 one will do

AdamB

Member +
It's a bit trial and error mate, have you got an oil pressure gauge? Best thing to do is to shim it 1mm, check your oil pressure gauge and see if its where you would like it to be. If not go for 1.5mm.

AdamB

Member +
I would see how it goes, too much oil pressure can be just as bad as too little oil pressure. You got a gauge to keep an eye on things?

Rory

Lifer
If i were you i would wait and see what your pressure is going to do 1st before shimming anything. But its up to you
If you search on here it has been covered before.

buckets

Member +
If i were you i would wait and see what your pressure is going to do 1st before shimming anything. But its up to you
If you search on here it has been covered before.

ive been reading on a few sites they seem to opt,, for putting the washer in as 5es suck with oil pressure when turboed running big power

AdamB

Member +
It's not so much the power, it's the rev limit. Higher than stock 5e rev limit and it doesn't flow enough at the higher rpm's. If it was me I would try it without a shim first, get the engine run in as you won't be going near the rev limit to run the engine in. Then see how it goes after that.
What rev limit are you looking at setting? And what turbo and boost you running?

buckets

Member +
It's not so much the power, it's the rev limit. Higher than stock 5e rev limit and it doesn't flow enough at the higher rpm's. If it was me I would try it without a shim first, get the engine run in as you won't be going near the rev limit to run the engine in. Then see how it goes after that.
What rev limit are you looking at setting? And what turbo and boost you running?
il be looking to re it round 8500rpm turbo it will be something to run 450 garett of some sort boost mybe 1.8 bar depends on turbo really to acheive that number ,