Oil pressure

goldenvtr

Member +
Oil pressure - fitting oil coolers

Please put up your readings here

Im fitting a oil cooler kit and i got a oil temp guage now and waiting on a pressure gauge to arrive, just wondering what pressures i should be seeing at high RPM and what is conciderd too low or too hi? and does a cooler make the pressures drop, as ive heard some mixed storeys, i know in theory it shouldn't but theory is not always right.

My oil temp guage has a preset warning of 118 oc
also got a water temp gauge with preset warning of 98oc
all 3 guages link together so i only needed to wire in 1 set or power and ground :) pic will follow next week sometime :p

lets hope i can prevent another head gasket going now lol

Last edited:

EP82-dk

Fresh Recruit
Hey.

The oil cooler kit you got, where do you get that from?

And where at the engine is mounted on?

/Lasse

goldenvtr

Member +
I didnt buy a kit, i got it all seperate its much cheaper!.

nah i didnt get Defi guages, i got the top line autogaugesm cant belive they made a guage that looks so much better than there cheaper ones. still not taken pics due to not using the car but ill get there

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i wanna get the defi link system with 3 gauges for the a - pillar, but dont know how easy they are to get hold of and to fit etc

goldenvtr

Member +
i wanna get the defi link system with 3 gauges for the a - pillar, but dont know how easy they are to get hold of and to fit etc

there easy to get hold of mate just quite pricy, dont forget you need the buy the controle box for them to work. fitting it just a case of hiding the wires. there all block connected so very easy

Adam_Glanza

Member +
u reckon toby / dave could get hold of them? yea i seen on the tein website there prices on there.. 60 quid for the box and 90 - 120 quid for the gauges.. pricey but itll be for crimbo so its fine :p

Adam_Glanza

Member +
seems a good price and just wat im looking for but i dont really trust e-bay to be honest ive never really dealt with it before?