Oil Pressure

GlanzaV196

Member +
it would all depend on the condition of your internals ,oil pump etc, oil pressure below around 20 psi can mean problems usually

G

gaz_turbo1

dont no on starlet but on my old punto gt is was 2 bar when fully warmed up and on idle

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
A bit random but I read it today and talking about pressure reminded me. The pressure inside of a champagne bottle is 50bar!

michelle14

Member +
also does any 1 know roughly wat it should be idling at? my oil light keeps flickering on and i think its idling low.

goldenvtr

Member +
theres a pressure release vavle so it should never come on, on idle unless somehting is wrong. do you have a pressure guage?

dan_ep82

Member +
mine done same thing was dogey oil pressure sender i got a guage aswell light went off and i can now watch my pressure

dac69er

Super Moderator
the wiring to the sender isnt the best in the world, could be worth checking that and the sender and then go from there!

dac69er

Super Moderator
drill and tap the block, fit a T-piece where the oil pressure sender unit is or buy an oil filter sandwich plate.

the latter is the usual way people do it.

Gee

Member +
I get just under 2.0bar or so when on idle. When driving, foot down a little, it is at 4.0bar is this OK?