oil question & others

GlanzaMat

Member +
Hi, new member here; i've got a 1996 ep91 glanza, engine is standard apart from an induction kit and different intercooler, its done around 60,000 miles

i need help with the following please:

1) can someone recommend me an engine oil please

2) what is standard boost pressure please

3) The car has high/ low boost setting but i think the pipework under the bonnet has been changed as the low setting does not seem to work, can someone tell me how to route the pipes to change it back to factory?

4) I assume these motors are cambelt driven and not chain? if so what mileage should the cambelt and tensioner be changed

Thanks
Matt

turbojim

Lifer
welcome to the site man

to answer your questions:
1:10w40 semi synthetic would be a suitable oil

2 standard lo boost is .4bar and hi is .7 but usually wen its bypassed it goes to .8 and stays at that

4yes they are belt driven i cant tell you exactly wen it needs to be changed but if you use the search button lad that will answer most if not all your questions

and have a search for your question 3 aswell :)

hope this helps

wee-jo

Member +
Thanks guys, i shall have a look

so semi synthetic oil rather than full synthetic?

Ask oilman in the traders section, he will tell you the best oil to use in relation to what power/mods you are running. Cambelt usually gets changed at 60kmiles/100,000km's.

GlanzaMat

Member +
Ask oilman in the traders section, he will tell you the best oil to use in relation to what power/mods you are running. Cambelt usually gets changed at 60kmiles/100,000km's.

yeah already submitted a recommendation to him, i'm into my Cosworths and used OilMan plenty of times, he's a top chap

a friend of mine was selling his Glanza really cheap as it needs an MOT so i took it off his hands :)