OMEX ecu standalone

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
right guys, my local tuner and freind is an approved OMEX dealer and mapper..

i want to go standalone to get the maximum for my td05 track glanza, as feel the EMU can be improved on, and the car can be improved, with a much greater up to date engine management..

has anyone on a starlet ever used OMEX before??

AdamB

Member +
They are pretty similar to the DTA in terms of features. Pretty good basic spec and fairly easy to setup for the price.

AdamB

Member +
so definately worth doing then??

To be honest mate, unless your either looking to spend lots on something like a Motec, Syvecs etc, then an OMEX is worth it if you can get it for a good price. Unless your looking to run any specific features, launch control, boost control, anti-lag etc then the better control for the other ecu's is worth the extra paying for. If your not too fussed about the features then they are a good alternative. Another suggestion would be the KMS ecu, but the problem is with that is that you have to buy virtually all new sensors, calibrate and scale them, not worth it if your on a budget.

Am not too clued up on the AEM as I don't really know the specs or played with the software tbh, but it could be another option to consider depending on your budget.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
AEM software is same as OMEX pretty much according to my local tuner

id have all the features Adam from the Omex and go coil on plug and loose the dizzy set up..
so anti-lag, launch control(i sprint a lot so this is useful feature)..

jus heard very good reviews of Omex from a complete standalone point of view.

and compared to my EMU, it be safer and a much better drive according the reviews ive read.

AdamB

Member +
To be honest, you'll never get as good as features as some of the high spec ecu's. The control they have is what sets them apart from the rest.

If you can get it all done for a good price then why not mate :)

elison

Member +
Running Haltech Sprint 500 for one and a half year already. Nice piece of equipment. Very user freindly and tuning is as easy as it could be. Has all the basic features one would need.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
im definately going standalone adam, im more after feedback if their is any negative feedback on Omex, but yet seems very positive..
also the tuner ive known for years so yh, it be a good deal..

AdamB

Member +
They are very similar to the DTA buddy, a lot of people seem to have started switching over to the DTA units because their cheap, reliable and you can get a good map out of them. I would expect nothing less from the Omex units either :) Omex have been around for yonks and they have been on many different setups, I see no reason why it wouldn't be good move to try out mate.

The Haltech software is one of my favourite, so user friendly and easy to use, it really is a doddle, even youe dog could tune it.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
sounds sweet adam..
my tuner is running the 710 omex ecu..
and losing the dizzy and going to coils, has got to be a lot safer on a td05..

AdamB

Member +
You could run the 600 series, although you will only be able to run wasted spark and semi-sequential injection. Still comes with all the features though.
I don't see why so many people choose a piggback tbh, you can pick up an S40 DTA for like £500, a little wiring and job done. You get some good safety features with the standalones as well :)