omg only 50 miles from half a tank of fuel

superspat

Member +
been useing my new daily gt that got a couple of weeks ago and had a few problems, gone through 2 turbos and other bits to ge tit runing good, but filled it to the brim the other and have only managed to get 50miles out of half a tank of fuel and i know thats not correct as my td04 glanza gets easlyer 120/140 out of half a tank, the car dont stink of fuel and dont smoke on boost on nasty black over fueling smoke

im gonna check timing when can get a timing gun in the week
replace lambda sencor out of my glanza to see if burns less fuel

is there any thing else, its got new leads, plugs look ok abd dizzy and rota arm dont look to old and car runs as it should

any advice would be wicked as i broght the gt to save on fuel and its worse than my old legacy b4 rsk on fuel at the mo

Gryzor

Admin
If you are just judging this by the fuel gauge, it would be worth filling up again to see how much it takes. That would allow you to rule out the fuel gauge.

superspat

Member +
it was belowe the empty line when filled it up costing around £40, done around 50 miles and its already on the half way line

rosso321

Member +
Take it out should be a white plastic float like a ball cock in a toilet it's on an arm see those it swing up and down and is the float in the right position. They can get stuck, or could need replacing as so old not reading the level off the tank correctly. Try swooping it with your glanza or if possible swop around

superspat

Member +
ok will give it a go, guessing it should move freely but not sure on the correct postion or float but can check on my glanza, if thats all ok were should i go next water temp sencor, tps?

Texx

Super Moderator
If the engine starts on the key every time and has no other running issues, I'd be inclined to replace the oxygen sensor. They're only good for around 40K miles before they start to get lazy and you can pick up a brand new single wire sensor for less than £20 delivered. When you get the new sensor check if it has a vent in the top, if it has you can solder the wire connection onto the old wiring, if there's no vent then the wiring connection will need to be crimped. DON'T buy a second hand sensor!

Remember a GT has a smaller fuel tank than a Glanza, so you won't get so far on half a tank in the GT. Even still, 50 miles does indicate an issue. As already suggested fill the tank back to the brim to get a more accurate idea of how much fuel has actually been used. My GT on the stock turbo will get approx 90 miles on half a tank, drive it hard and I'll only get 65 miles.