Passenger door central locking doesn't work

tiksie

Member +
I've tried searching and have seen a few titles with the above question, but almost every thread from 2010 - 2012 gives me a 404-error and the page won't load on some of them.

Does anyone have instructions regarding the removal of the solenoid ? Which I'm assuming is the case.

When I push the central locking button inside on the driver side (near the power windows switch), I can hear a noise coming from the passenger door as if it's trying to open it or lock it but it just won't.

I'm assuming this is the solenoid so I've taken off the door trim but looks almost impossible to get to the actual thing!!

If there was previously a written guide or some pictures regarding the replacement, it would be greatly appreciated!

GP82

Member +
i recall having this issue before, first thing to check is the mechanism behind the door cards and see that it is still physically hooked onto the lock. I don't think the solenoid for the central locking is inside the door cards?, you may be describing the power window motor?

What worked for me was to take off a white connector off a black box about 10cm by 5cm situated behind panel on drivers side under steering wheel and reconnecting it with the battery disconnected. That's what i did, i don't know what actually happens inside that black box, but it seem to fix it until it started doing it again recently lol.

Can anyone confirm where the location of the solenoid is?

tiksie

Member +
i recall having this issue before, first thing to check is the mechanism behind the door cards and see that it is still physically hooked onto the lock. I don't think the solenoid for the central locking is inside the door cards?, you may be describing the power window motor?

What worked for me was to take off a white connector off a black box about 10cm by 5cm situated behind panel on drivers side under steering wheel and reconnecting it with the battery disconnected. That's what i did, i don't know what actually happens inside that black box, but it seem to fix it until it started doing it again recently lol.

Can anyone confirm where the location of the solenoid is?

I think that black box is situated under my driver seat! The dimensions sound the same as what you said and has a white connector on it.

Will sus it out.

Thanks mate!!