paypal--- bank

scot-ish

Member +
is there anyway you have to pay paypal?

just i was looking on my bank statement, and there was a Direct Debit for £7.54. and it just said "paypal" so i checked it, says its a 4 monthly DD, so i then checked my paypal, and it doesnt show up in paypal.

any ideas??

malcolmgt

Member +
not that i am aware of. its a free service and they charge you when transactions are made. hence the 4% fee.
call them

AdDaMan

Member +
That isnt right mate. Have you subscribed to a magazine using paypal or something? it must be in your transactions in paypal somewhere. or ring your bank and see if there is any more info?

addz

Member +
maybe you bought something & had insufficient funds? so they took the remainder from your bank?

Likely to be this.

Paypal usually takes out funds from your bank if you have no funds in paypal, or they make the difference if you have a short amount in your paypal.

scot-ish

Member +
insufficent funds? ive got 15k + in my account linked to my paypal, so i dont think it will be that.

this is a D/D setup on my bank, its frequency is 4 monthly, but it doesnt show on my paypal account. i went back 2 years, not on there at all, but my bank shows it coming out every 4 months.

i cant call paypal, as im offhsore for another 5 weeks, and only have access to the net, i just cancelled the DD, and if its something important, im sure i will get an email or letter telling me i missed a payment for something.

addz

Member +
maybe you bought something & had insufficient funds? so they took the remainder from your bank?

insufficent funds? ive got 15k + in my account linked to my paypal, so i dont think it will be that.

this is a D/D setup on my bank, its frequency is 4 monthly, but it doesnt show on my paypal account. i went back 2 years, not on there at all, but my bank shows it coming out every 4 months.

i cant call paypal, as im offhsore for another 5 weeks, and only have access to the net, i just cancelled the DD, and if its something important, im sure i will get an email or letter telling me i missed a payment for something.

If your Paypal account is showing 0.00 balance then the money is getting taken out of your account. If it's not that, then it's beyond my understanding of the system.

scot-ish

Member +
yeh, here is my bank DD thing i just cancelled

directdebit.jpg

and here is what my recent says in paypal.

paypal.jpg

so, i cant quite understand it, its going from my bank, but my paypal is not showing it anywhere, i know this one is sayin my bank sent the money on the 11th, and its only the 13th, but surely it would be on my paypal by now.

oh, and if i have left stuff in the pics, that i shouldnt, let me know so i can remove them.

thanks for the replies.

addz

Member +
yeh, here is my bank DD thing i just cancelled
and here is what my recent says in paypal.

so, i cant quite understand it, its going from my bank, but my paypal is not showing it anywhere, i know this one is sayin my bank sent the money on the 11th, and its only the 13th, but surely it would be on my paypal by now.

oh, and if i have left stuff in the pics, that i shouldnt, let me know so i can remove them.

thanks for the replies.

Your paypal account is linked to your bank account. So if you have zero balance in paypal, money is henceforth taken out of your bank account. Say for instance you sold an item on here for £50, the £50 balance would show up on your paypal home page. And if you had to pay for something, say for example a £30 item, it would go straight out off your paypal account and not your bank, unless you withdraw it to your bank account.

This is stuff I've learnt after years of having a paypal account, and I could by all means be incorrect.

Alter your activity bars incase the activity is hidden somewhere.

scot-ish

Member +
yeh, i know the paypal just takes it from my account, but i dont understand a 4 monthly direct debit being paid into paypal. but its not showing anywhere in paypal, although its showing leaving my bank.

ive not used paypal to buy anything for a little while, as can be seen, so i dont know why or where its going.

cheers

gv1.3

Admin
In order for a direct debit to be setup you must have signed a direct debit mandate form. They cant just start taking money out of your account. Send paypal a message and ask them what the craic is with the charge or drop the bank a mail and ask them to explain how the direct debit was setup, they have to have a record of it.

scot-ish

Member +
In order for a direct debit to be setup you must have signed a direct debit mandate form. They cant just start taking money out of your account. Send paypal a message and ask them what the craic is with the charge or drop the bank a mail and ask them to explain how the direct debit was setup, they have to have a record of it.

ahh, nice one, i know i set up a DD for my iphone, but its only the bill, and 13.99 for insurance.

i will send some mails, and see whats going on.

cheers

gv1.3

Admin
Ok so this says that paypal use a direct debit as a means to verify your account in the UK.... its not done that way in Ireland
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090319125120AAIAJlw

So that will explain when you set the direct debit up with them. With that direct debit in place they can take money out if they wish. Now you need to find out what they were taking the money for.

My guess would be that it is for the balance owed when they do their account reconciliation, you will need to ask them exactly what it is, doesnt matter if you cant call them they prefer using emails and their website for customer support.

Electronic payments are often out by a little bit due to the instant nature of the payment, exchange rates and the time it takes to process bank transfers. When you add these things up there can often be a few quid here or there over several months. It would be worth checking if the same amount has been coming out every 4 months or if it just happened once or if it happened more than once but the amounts were different.

addz

Member +
Also providing who you're with, log onto online banking and see where your direct debts are, I have 3 set-up on mine according to Lloyds TSB online banking - removed the inactive one's just the other day.

Worth a shot