Piston

keya

Member +
Hi, does any1 no if a glanza pisto will fit a GT? Is there any difference?
Any help appreciated,

Keya

350ep70gr

Member +
;)
Have in mind when mixing parts that cylinder and piston require a specific clearence the same with the pin and piston . Thats why piston is marked with 1,2,3 and other diameters like pin,bearings have their own marking and specs.;)

Chris

Last edited:

finx

Member +
to answer the question simply, yes the glanza pistons are essentially the same as the gt onesas the engines blocks are exactly the same.

gudgeon pin sizes are the same on all of the factory toyota pistons.
as said above when changing pistons you need to get the one to suit your bore clearances.
glanza pistons are mainly the mark 3 versions.

Mark 1 --- 73.89~73.90mm
Mark 2 --- 73.90~73.91mm
Mark 3 --- 73.91~73.92mm

some of the glanza conrods are slightly smaller (skinny) than the earlier model ones as also previously mentioned.

keya

Member +
theres a no 2 and an arrow pointing to eng front i think is that it?
How do you remove the gudgeon pin from the piston?

billybob

Untrusted Seller
you will have to get it pressed off lad in a machine shop ,aswell when done chek the piston for warped a bit as pressure apply wrong when taking off piston has to be done right:)

keya

Member +
kk i read it on a thread uve gt 2 heat up the piston nt the pin and either bash or press it out, how wud you get it back in just press it bk in with no heat?

finx

Member +
removing the gudgeon pin is not something you should be attempting yourself. it should only be done by an experienced machine shop or engine reconditioners. i have done numerous myself doing quite a lot of engine work in my job, but have seen it go wrong very easily. they are in there very tight. by overheating the piston it will warp and become useless. there is an art to doing it correctly.

the number on the crown (top) of your piston is what mark piston you have. in your case its a 2. the arrow points to the front of the engine as you suspected.
hope this helps

if you are building the engine yourself make sure the ring gaps in the bores are within the correct tolerances. especially on the one with the broken piston. obviously other things also need to checked as well.

Last edited: