Poor fuel economy

Shaneyb

Fresh Recruit
Since around the time I had my car serviced just over a week ago my fuel economy has gone down. I used to get 75 miles to a tenner of V power ( 8 litres ) and now im getting around 55 miles driving economically. The service consisted of New oil ( 5w40 fully synth ) oil filter, fuel filter and rad flushed and new coolant.

I keep checking the tyre pressures and they are spot on and ive checked for any fuel leakes in which I found none.

Running a standard ecu with Mani, decat and full exhaust.

Anyone have a clue what could be the problem? Maybe something wrong with the fuel filter?

Paul_JJ

Member +
Since around the time I had my car serviced just over a week ago my fuel economy has gone down. I used to get 75 miles to a tenner of V power ( 8 litres ) and now im getting around 55 miles driving economically. The service consisted of New oil ( 5w40 fully synth ) oil filter, fuel filter and rad flushed and new coolant.

I keep checking the tyre pressures and they are spot on and ive checked for any fuel leakes in which I found none.

Running a standard ecu with Mani, decat and full exhaust.

Anyone have a clue what could be the problem? Maybe something wrong with the fuel filter?

Well, I'd say it's a good economy mate! The petrol has gone up in price - so that's why you think your mpg has gone down -) I don't like V-power personally - can't tell the difference between V-power and standard shell.... And Tesco 99 RON seem to be the best petrol in the UK for the price.

Oil affect the fuel economy - what oil did you put in??? That's the only thing I can think of, unless you have a boost leak or something like that which you don't know about.....

Ben89

Lifer
It's probably down to the fact a new fuel filter was fitted, your last one may have been blocked allowing for the "good" fuel economy.