possible clutch issue

keirz

Member +
hello all.

my glanza v has developed a problem. the car is pulling off fine, as i put my foot down the car boosts fine, but the revs fly up, engines screaming and the car doesnt go any where. no pull at all, its like the clutch has been dipped.

any ideas???

keirz

Member +
forgot to mention that the is not juddering on pull off, feels good under foot and isnt riding on gear changes.

and is there any thing i can check.

riko666

Member +
sounds like a slipping clutch...what I suggest, go on a quiet road at about 30mph, then trying first with 4th gear, then 5th, go into said gear then floor the throttle - if the revs climb but the speed doesn't, then it's a sign of a worn clutch plate

keirz

Member +
thanks i will do that. if the clutch was gone wouldnt i get issues else where ie pulling off, getting in gear. i have no other issues. just when boost comes in the revs fly and car doesnt move.

im really pissed off. need to figure out the issue asap as its my daily driver.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
no mine did the same.. best way to tell is as riko has said.

it should do it more in the higher gears, and a worn clutch doesnt allways mean tis harder to get into gear etc.

but sounds like its defo a slipping clutch

keirz

Member +
thanks. i think orc309 is on the way then and an lsd. if your gonna fix it i guess i may as well do it properly!

keirz

Member +
yeah i know but will be worth it!

well took it for a test. in 3rd all seems fine then it seems like the revs fly up from 3000 to 4500ish fast as hell then goes back to normal ater that. does this shed any more light?

did test mentioned and yet again the car was fine untill it reached 3000 revs then revs flew up.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
yeah i know but will be worth it!

well took it for a test. in 3rd all seems fine then it seems like the revs fly up from 3000 to 4500ish fast as hell then goes back to normal ater that. does this shed any more light?

did test mentioned and yet again the car was fine untill it reached 3000 revs then revs flew up.

deffo sounds like clutch slip, makes sense for it to fly up around 3k as that's when the turbo is really in it's stride.

keirz

Member +
well i suppose it gonna be orc clutch then. what could have caused the clutch to fail or do you think it may be wear and tear?

how much does it usually cost to get a clutch fitted?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
do you really need an ORC clutch? are you planning to go over 250BHP? if not, then you're just wasting money.

an exeedy would do the job just fine up to 200bhp.

keirz

Member +
maybe its over kill. but look at it this way if i buy a cheaper clutch, at some point im gonna want a lightened flywheel as im aiming for awsome response. the two items together add up to around the same price as the orc which comes with a lightened fly wheel already. do you still think its overkill?

keirz

Member +
i know what you mean dub

well ive also read a few reviews from people who have used this clutch and they are all good. ive read some bad reveiws on the exeedy clutchs. ie not good for day to day driving.

im kinda in two minds as, if i am too get a exeedy clutch it will be cheaper now, but months down the line when i want a lightened flywheel i will be paying again. not only for the part but the labour of fitting too.

im kinda thinking, if i get the orc, new crank seals also fitted i should not have to mess about with the clutch again. and with it being good for 250 brake my 170bhp target is not gonna put much stress on it so it should last a while.

anyone else got any veiws on this?