Post Code Risk Assessments????

parkiboy

Member +
Hi, i just was wondering how the post code system works in regards to insurance???

You see i live in Doncaster in a Risk B area, which is almost as good as it gets (A being the best obviously :p ) Well i remember last year while looking for quotes on my DC2, sky insurance would not touch me til i was 23 because of my area...

I questioned the matter and it turns out that they class the DN postcodes as a hole not as individual postcode areas... to me this seems wrong, whats the point in living in paying all the money living in a low risk area if its not even taken into account???

might as well just think fuck it ill buy a cheaper house and if anything gets stolen im covered.... seems ridiculous if you ask me.

Reason im asking is because that times coming round once again, i am trying to get quoted on a DC5, cheapest so far is £1500 yet ive noticed people on the DC5 forum with same stats as me (22, 3yncb, 0 claims + convictions) gettin it alot cheaper, even seen 22year olds with points with cheaper quotes!

Anyways if someone could shed light on the matter i would be very greatful :)

thanks

skyinsurance

Member +
Each insurance company will have their own claims statistics therefore their own risk assessment and area ratings. Your best bet is to shop around.