poweerrrr

tommrs

Member +
hi everyone,
had a glanza auto last year ( sadly no longer with us ) :(
but yesterday i had delivered a 94 gt turbo, sadly the guy thats played before can not wire a car, or the alarm for that matter, but my glanza was standard and now wanting to make some real power out if this beauty, so today ive ordered a new dizzy/ rotor arm ,ht leads etc. collected all new fluids , the perspex to make lighter windows and the fibreglass for the door panels so gonna be a tiny bit lighter, its got tein coilovers on it but just wondered what kinda parts and money am i talking about to reach around the 250bhp mark? basically want it too smoke my mates ep3 type r civic everywhere any ideas?
cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
you wont need 200bhp to smoke an ep3 type r.

do a search. td04 is probably your best bet if you dont want to spend loads. can get 230bhp out of that on a stock engine if tuned right.

davehart

Member +
Chuck a FMIC on, uprated FPR and fuel pump, invest in a decent set of engine management software (emanage blue should do the trick), get a TDO4 turbo (rotate it if its not been done already), downpie and manifold to suit the TD04, water lines if you feel the need to (Not essential though), HKS actuator (Just drill an extra hold in the brack to get it to fit on a TD04), set it to 0.5 bar and pop it off to a rolling road to get it mapped. This should knock out 200bhp.

Oh, and notified your insurance you have put those bits on otherwise you might as well not buy any.

Easy :)

TomTurbo

Member +
To be honest mate if you wanna smoke revvy type r's you wanna be coming on boost as low down as possible. I would say hybrid ct9, fmic with short route piping, relocated air filter, Hks adjustable actuator, some sort of boost controller, and an aggressive ECU like a toms one. I have the same spec as this minus short route intercooler piping (will have it soon though!!) and I am on full boost from 3k to 7k.

I couldn't really be arsed to go down the td04 set up because you start messing with the car a bit to much (for me), with a hybrid it's all straight swap, and you can use plug and play ecu's which are again, convenient, none of the going to special places to fit them and have them mapped.
Please note these are just my opinions by the way ;)

tommrs

Member +
thanks for the input guys! :) fmic waiting this morning, 3 inch straight through exhaust waiting, air filter relocation should be here this afternoon, gotta get t the bank to pay for a apexi neo ecu this morning so should e here by the weekend, :) and dave where in derbyshire are you? im in chesterfield :)

davehart

Member +
thanks for the input guys! :) fmic waiting this morning, 3 inch straight through exhaust waiting, air filter relocation should be here this afternoon, gotta get t the bank to pay for a apexi neo ecu this morning so should e here by the weekend, :) and dave where in derbyshire are you? im in chesterfield :)

That's some quick work :) They are all pretty easy to fit to so you should not have any problems.

Ah, another local, I'm from Tibshelf m8 so not far from you.

tommrs

Member +
haha! im wantin it on the road by the weekend! fuel pump and everything ordered tomorrow so should be fun! got plasma dials and some banged up blue corbeaus ( theyll do till upholstering time) in today too! polycarbonate windows goin in friday with racing slides! ecu and hks ssqv comin friday then 7inch touch screen internet tablet goin in as soon as i build the frame so a busy week im afraid! haha sweet! have to pop up one day when shes running nice

tommrs

Member +
hahah! dont think he'd be too please tbh :) and sayin that i did all the work on it any way so its only a matter of time before it smokes itself :L and jesus i know bout petrol! filled a gallon can up at morrisons earlier £6 odd! wasnt pleased! good job i got a smashed up pug 206 ( 1.9l deisel ) to do after the gt! so much cheaper to run!

davehart

Member +
Yeah man, would like to be nosy and have a look around.

You using this as a track weapon or just a nice nippy road driver?

Petrol, yeah not to nice. Thankfully the Celica gives me great MPG....if I dont drive it :)

tommrs

Member +
hahah! well me n a mate are in the progress of buyin a few cars as track weapons and getting a proper garage n start racing! so kinda want this to be our little pride and joy! doin a few things ive never seen around here ( racing slides, polycarb windows etc. ) gonna be running full internet off a android tablet for live mapping and monitoring off the apexi neo so hopefully might pick a bit of business up along the way to fund the track cars by folk seeing it and sayin i want that! haha! so just a moving ad board really! got a ltd edition black hks ssqv coming friday so people are gonna hear it! haha

tommrs

Member +
boost controller, fuel pump, fpr, 285mm grooved and dimpled ebc discs, yellow stuff pads, 8.5mm magnacores all ordered today :) all fun :) just gotta lower the idle :(