power gone flat

villen25

Member +
Is my turbo dead or something? when i drive i feels fine until like 4k when the seem to stop accelerating. It still boosts but i dont know whats wrong...:(

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Better description lad,could be a boost leak, once it hits full boost it might push a pipe open releasing the boost.

What doess it feel like when it stops?
Gushing sound of air?
Juddering?

villen25

Member +
Better description lad,could be a boost leak, once it hits full boost it might push a pipe open releasing the boost.

What doess it feel like when it stops?
Gushing sound of air?
Juddering?

yea the air seems louder like its not being used but it is boosting to full boost and still blows off but just no power, no the car isnt juddering

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
It sounds like a boost leak then.

Just check all your boost pipes, including the inter cooler ones,happened me once.

Edit* forget the cooler ones, if its boosting its not them, sorry,tis late

villen25

Member +
Thats what i was saying lad, check around your dumpvalve and map sensor etc.

Any work done under the bonnet lately?

all new vacuum hoses were installed in december

other than that civic triple core rad
short shifter
which are obviously not the prob...

vacuum hoses looked fine over the weekend when i failed in installing new headlight bulbs, i might have to check the hoses again

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
all new vacuum hoses were installed in december

other than that civic triple core rad
short shifter
which are obviously not the prob...

vacuum hoses looked fine, i might have to check again

Next time your looking for a leak, spray some water over the hoses while ts running,should show any leaks:)

villen25

Member +
I found the problem, one of my vacuum was disconnected. That problem is solved. Next problem, my car starts fine idles fine, BUT when I stop at a light the idle drops to ZERO, and car shuts off? HELP!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I found the problem, one of my vacuum was disconnected. That problem is solved. Next problem, my car starts fine idles fine, BUT when I stop at a light the idle drops to ZERO, and car shuts off? HELP!

Good to hear:)

Now as for the idle problem, reset your ecu ( take off one of the battery leads and then reconnect),start it and leave it for 2-3 minutes ticking over, then try it.