Power steering & brake fluid replacement capacity, starlet gt, how much should I get?

javieringo1

Member +
Hi, I'm planning on changing (replacing) both fluids, and I want to know how much I have to buy.

I'm planning on getting Motul ATF Dexron IID for the power steering and it comes in 2 liters presentation. would that be enough? (in the power steering container says dexron II, is that the same as dexron IID?)

I'm also getting Motul Dot 4 brake fluid, it comes in 1/2 liter presentation. how much would I need? (and the brake fluid container recommends dot 3, should I get dot 4?)

My mecanic recommended to get Motul RBF-600 dot 4 brake fluid, but I'm not sure about it since it is for competition use and my car is 100% stock, it's my DD and I don't go to the drag strip that often (probably once every two or three months), I drive in the city and I don't street race :( I know the difference is both boiling points, but I'm still now quite sure, plus it is more expensive I believe.

I'm also getting Motul inugel expert cooling fluid, and Motul Engine oil Technosyntese 15w50 :D

opinions please :D

Last edited:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Bump for this, what kind and quantity of power steering fluid is needed, as I'll be draining mine when the engine comes out?

pkn

Member +
Bump for this, what kind and quantity of power steering fluid is needed, as I'll be draining mine when the engine comes out?

half a litre of atf dextron II or III will be ok if your just draining and refilling but get 2 litres if your planing to flush the system

javieringo1

Member +
I bought Motul dexron IID comes in 2 ltr presentation, and I have a little less than a quarter left :D

also bought two dot3 350ml bottles for the brake fluid, got left little less than a quarter of one as well.

Gotta say I am very pleased my mechanic said both fluids came out pretty well :rockon: