problem with ignition at WOT....this is a nippy problem can you help shed some light

Enzo

Member +
hi ep people
got my ep95 turbo back on the road with a fresh fte lump with 76k on the clock..its a totaly standard setup

problem is iv got an ignition missfire issue when i go over 5psi boost or try and give it wide open throttle..

its your steriotypical ignition missfire feeling so it hesitates and it also looks like its overfuelling becuase of this with loads of black smoke on start up and when i try and giveit wide open throttle..

faultfinding iv replaced the whole ignition system
so
-spark plugs
- new plugleads
- distributer cap
- rotor arm

and iv also rubbed down the contact point where the ignitor meets the bulk head so it gets a decent earth but still the ignition misfire issue is still here..

its sort of wrecking my brain as im not sure what else would cause this missfire issue..
could any of you starletiers shed some light on what could be the problem or what course of action i should take to remedy this issue so i can get up and running again in a boosted ep

help :noidea:

i'd say check a few things
- map sensor and the hose/electrical connections to it
- ignitor and coil unit
- knock sensor and electrical connection
- o2 sensor and electrical connection

Enzo

Member +
map sensor breather hose wasnt plugged in rite... thanx a lot for you help... thats the problem solved :D