problems after changing gearbox

andy85

Member +
i changed the gearbox after the last gearbox seized and now the starter motor isnt fully lining up with the bolt holes.would this mean that the flywheel is after bending??

billybob

Untrusted Seller
i changed the gearbox after the last gearbox seized and now the starter motor isnt fully lining up with the bolt holes.would this mean that the flywheel is after bending??

double check thatthe gearbox is fully thighen to the block lad seems it migt not be

billybob

Untrusted Seller
no the guard is lined up perfect with all the bolt holes.no i didnt take yhe flywheel off.seems like i will have to whip the box off again now

i dont think you need to take the gearbox off ..are you sure theres notting in the way a flywheel is hard to bend

andy85

Member +
i dont think you need to take the gearbox off ..are you sure theres notting in the way a flywheel is hard to bend

no the car is up on axle stands and i was looking in from under the drivers side.the last gearbox seized and the shaft in the gearbox bent to one side so im thinking that it messed up the flywheel

Aidan-G

Member +
bent the shaft jaysus..

can you get the starter in sitting flush with the holes atal?they need an oul wiggle to get in sometimes:p

andy85

Member +
bent the shaft jaysus..

can you get the starter in sitting flush with the holes atal?they need an oul wiggle to get in sometimes:p

yup,the shaft was bent to one side in the old gearbox:mad:no when the starter sits into the housing its about 5mm off the hole!!!

andy85

Member +
well i got the startr in this evening then tried to start the car and there was a loud noise from the starter,i dont thnk its engaging on the flywheel.i have the 0.8kw starter and i was wondering if it would be worth my while getting the 1.0kw starter as it looks different to mine