Problems Please help

lanxter

Member +
Well around 3 weeks ago the water pump went on my gt and the temp gauge went through the roof.

I had a new pump fitted and all seemed fine until the other day when I pulled into my uni car park and again the temp gauge had gone through the roof. I checked the rad and there was no coolant in it yet again but no leaks where found either.

I took it to a friends garage today who looked it over and did some tests n said there ws no obvious sign that the head gasket had gone.

We fitted a new temp sensor and thermostat just to be on the safe side.

Now however pretty much after literally a 1 min of driving the temp gauge says its up to temperature but the rad fan doesn't come in till after a while after.

any ideas what this could be?

dac69er

Super Moderator
what tests did the garage do exactly?

the car should get up to temp pretty quickly if its working properly. did you bleed the system properly when you refilled with coolant? do the heaters work in the car? is the expansion bottle overflowing when the car is driven hard? when the rad was empty, was the expansion bottle still full?

need as much info as possible mate.

lanxter

Member +
Hi dac, thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure what the test is called but basically he put a fluid in a tube and connected it to the rad and apparently it should change colour if the head gasket is fucked.

The heaters still perfect matey and they filled the radiator up with coolant and bled the system while I was there.

When the rad was empty the expansion bottle was empty too.

The expansion bottle doesn't overflow when the car is driven hard.

Maybe its just me being paranoid, just its never got to temp this quick in the entire time I've had the car.
But seems to be holding temp since I've got it back from the garage even when driven hard and hasn't lost any coolant since either.

Thank you again for replying mate

I'd give you rep if it would let me.