Question about CT9 & TD04L

Garci

Member +
hi guys i have 2 question about turbos.
not sure if any1 ever think of any of this 2 route,might be stupid but i need to know, here goes.

1. CT9: could you use different turbine inducer & exhaust wheels with more blade on a CT9 turbo , say something like a 6 blade wheel pullin in & 12 blade wheel on exhaust side like the TD04L, could you like just swap wheels out for say a TD04L wheels,would it fit the shaft???

2. TD04L: am thinking of goin TD04L from wrx but i want to keep my catalytic converter on my exhaust system, as here in canada you MUST have it on if your car is not a track car or if you dont care, the MTO will care for you with it goin to impound & a hefty FINE to follow. i know the CT9 & the TD04L exhaust sides had different bolt patterns so my old CT9 catalytic converter wont work.
Would it be possible to get a catalytic convert built-in the downpipe for the td04l similar the the ct9 cat converter??? for who dont understand what am asking is basically a td04l de-cat with a catalytic converter welded in the middle just like the ct9 cat???

ok everyone inputs, Thank you.

Last edited:

Garci

Member +
like use a de-cat but put it futher down the exhaust like after the de-cat??
would it work just as good as if the cat was in the downpipe? wot about the O2 sensor been tht far away from the cat would tht affect the emission, casuing to fail any test???

Last edited: