Radiator broke :/

TurboTD04

Member +
Hello was taking my radiator out the other day and broke the radiator where the hose connects so obviously now I need a new one I am playing on running 200/250bhp. I have heard about the civic rads but what would be the best for that kinda bhp?

H_D

Member +
The bigger the rad the better the cooling...i would never use a smaller rad i think its stupid but thats just my personal opinion and preferance...alot of people will probably disagree,

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
As H_D has said BIGGER = better. Just depends on how you get to BIGGER, whether u use alloy, dual core or just a bigger rad! all will improve cooling :)

As for your rad TurboTD04, I have welded more than I can count. Many many many where the joint has failed underneath and ''the joint has bent'' inwards into the rad. AND an interesting fact is that all these were tightened way too tight with a jubilee clamp and not the proper tension hose clip :)

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
civic rads or similar are only really required when you are limited for space due to the manifold design and usually the actuator sticking out a fair bit on some TD04 kits etc. If you can get away with it and you don't want to spend a lot on a full size alloy radiator, I would use the stock glanza one, they are a fair bit thicker than the ep82 ones.

It will be fine for that sort of power.

TurboTD04

Member +
I am planing on putting a td04 setup on it so think I might as well upgrade and ye the clips were done up WAY to tight literally couldn't get one off had to cut the pipe in the end :/

TurboTD04

Member +
Thank you pilgrim_fgau think I will invest in one of them as I am going to have to buy at least one new pipe will I need different pipes to use that radiator anyway?

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Have been looking around a bit this morning and come across this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINUM-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ab0f61ad

Think it would be any good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have that rad and I live in a hot part of Australia :) that rad will be fine! youll need to modify a few brackets to fit it too! also your stock fan wont fit so u will need to modify ur fan too :) its not too hard! just offer your fan up and make some brackets :)

H_D

Member +
I am planing on putting a td04 setup on it so think I might as well upgrade and ye the clips were done up WAY to tight literally couldn't get one off had to cut the pipe in the end :/

You can also get td04 kits which are stock rad friendly which will give better cooling than a half size rad.....avoid using a smaller rad if possible. Some turbo kits will require a smaller rad for clearance

TurboTD04

Member +
Ok thanks didn't no about the brackets and fan :) and oh ok is there much price difference in the rad friendly and not rad friendly kits?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD