Radiator Fan staying on consant ??AC not removed

ep - karlb

Member +
as above ,fan staying on ,checked fuses and relay but all sound. tried coolant temp sensor, and sensor facing bulk head on thermo housing but no joy! any ideas ???

Snuglet

Fresh Recruit
Exactly same problem mate, except my aircon has been removed. I will watch this thread carefully, and also let ya know If I find a solution

Kyle_R

Member +
on my 82(ac removed) theres a 2 pin plug by the battery which i just bridged and the fan no longer stays on anymore i think the plug is grey

Snuglet

Fresh Recruit
Oh right I think that has been done before, but when I disconnected it the car wouldn't start. Do you have a pic at all mate??

Kyle_R

Member +
give me 10 mins ill get 1 for ya its just a quick bridge for now to sort it as car not on the road properly yet!

Kyle_R

Member +
heres the pics mate
DSCF0766.jpg

DSCF0765.jpg

Snuglet

Fresh Recruit
Looks like the same plug I got shorted aswel mate. Maybe just muck in my terminals, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Cheers for the heads up mate

Snuglet

Fresh Recruit
Just out of interest if you disconnect yours (the bridging between the terminals on the plug) does your car still start ok??

Kyle_R

Member +
yh mate mine runs perfectly with out it except the fan is on constant from when the ignition is turned on! i only done the bridge last week as i just wasnt bothered before as cars off the road because of brakeing problem and lack of funds to get her on the road atm

Snuglet

Fresh Recruit
Just seen the pics mate. Looks good. My car is registered as green on logbook, but now it's been re-sprayed a candy purple. You don't see many green ones around now tho

Snuglet

Fresh Recruit
Maybe one of the sensors in the thermostat housing (possibly coolant temp) as I think this can sometimes trick the ecu into thinking the car is overheating and keep the fan on.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong