Radiator Fan wont come on? Explanation inside :)

Monty

Member +
Was sitting idling last night when the temp gauge went into the Red. I Checked and the fan wasnt coming on whilst running or with the ignition turned to just on.

I opened the bonnet and it looks like everythings connected, might i be missing something? I remember someone mentioning something about a connection for the fan under the distributor cap?

Anyway, i put heating on full and drove home and the temp gauge came all the way down to the cold as if it wasnt even at operating temperature.

Any ideas?

turbojim

Lifer
Maybe your temp switch is fubard man

i no the plug under the distrib your on about if you plug that out your fan should come on constant

Can somebody post a pic of which one is the the temp switch for the fan cause it looks like there are two temp sensors under the distributor. Thanks in advance
:)

Monty

Member +
Maybe your temp switch is fubard man

i no the plug under the distrib your on about if you plug that out your fan should come on constant

Where is the temp switch? Also how easy is it to replace and if replacable where would i get one from?

Cheers for your response bud :)

J25GTi

Lifer
You taken the air con out recently? because doesnt that cause it to not run? (Or does it cause it to run all the time? (I dont remember, im sure someone will know, im too hung over for this lol)