re organic clutches

storey

Member +
hi just after a little bit of help i seem to have a kind of rattle vibration noise when i set off in my car. i can stop it from doing it if i am very gentle with the clutch and dont let the car bog down at all.

is this a common thing with a uprated clutch? i have been told it is.
i have been told mine has a organic clutch but not 100% sure but its def alot more agressive on bite than my last starlet gt and that had a standard clutch.

Thanks Chris

lennyEP82

Member +
im no expert i think gee runs 1 but im pretty sure they are much more juddery from what ive heard nothing to worry about ul just need to get used to it what clutch is it mate?

storey

Member +
im not sure which clutch it is was put in before i bought it.

just seemed weird that when i had outer cv done i only notice the noise then.
but when im careful it doesn't make it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
mines pretty good now it has some miles on it. better than the std exedy replacement. just a bit harder under foot and thats about it.

Is the organic clutch more like the standard one than any other? I would like one, but i dont want something really hard and really juddery as its just a daily driver (inc trafic)!! What are the other options?

dac69er

Super Moderator
other than going paddle or multiple plate the organic is probably the easiest type to drive with. i find it very good. it is better than the 35% uprated exedy i had previously.

froshtyv

Member +
Is the organic clutch more like the standard one than any other? I would like one, but i dont want something really hard and really juddery as its just a daily driver (inc trafic)!! What are the other options?

My left leg is so strong now!!!
It kills me at times in traffic but as Duncan said is better than then 35% and is prob the next step up!!

im running stock boost and bhp, but i would rather replace with something good when the clutch goes, saves doing it in the future.. i guess org might be better to do!

Ive driven a car with one, i must say i did like it, but i know how bad the traffic is in england.. and thats a massive risk .. as froshtyv said.. bloody leg! If ur knackerd.. damn!

dac69er

Super Moderator
i dont find it too bad. worst thing is when i alternate between my runaround and my GT. clutch is so different i pound the clutch pedal through the floor when i go from the the GT to the ep91 :)