Rear Brake Caliper/s

Pondlife

Fresh Recruit
Am suffering from the 'Goose in the Boot'! My 1992 EP82 has a problem obviously. The rear passenger side caliper is rubbin when breaking at slow speeds, had the same problem before an took hours of pissin about to re-align it. Am in urgent need of a replacement caliper or set. Any floating about or any ideas wher a good place to search for some wud be greatly appreciated!

they seem to be pretty hard to source as they always seize, iv finally managed to find a replacement to my seized one after ages of looking. i asked all the guys breaking gt's on ebay and got one for £50 delivered which was'nt too bad. may be worth a try mate.

riko666

Member +
I'm in the same boat as you chap, except mine is completely seized and drags all the time...I'm surprised it hasn't melted yet

smythy75

Member +
if its only rubbing on low speeds get it sorted, touota do a rebuild kit for it and will leave it like new! its prob moisture in the brakefluid causin surface rust on the piston and makin it stick a bit!!

Pondlife

Fresh Recruit
Nice! Had a nasty feelin that wud be the case, seems to be quite a common problem. Its still driveable luckily but dont wanna risk it for much longer for obvious reasons. Cant even seem to find any decent websites to buy from?! Ebay may be the only option, slow 1 at that!