Recommend a turbo!

Galen

Lifer
My ct9 is starting to give up so i think its a good excuse to upgrade! Im not after huge power as the car is driven everyday but i would like a reasonable increase. Im getting the Autobahn88 fmic and will prob change manifold.
Can anyone recommend a readily available and reasonably priced upgraded turbo?

starbogt

Member +
most people on here use their cars as daily drivers, if you want to keep the car low on lag then go hybrid if you want to go over 200bhp then TD04 is the most popular choice which is still very driveable but boost comes in around 3500rpm to 4000rpm I believe unlike the ct9 which is between 2500 and 3000rpm.

Galen

Lifer
Thanks for replies!

Was thinking of going TD04 but are they still easily got! Just i heard a lot of aftermarket parts for gt's and glanza's are been discontinued in Japan

Timmy

Member +
alot will depend on budget.
Hybrids have there problems
K1 is expensive and hard to find
K24 is expensive
Td04 makes alot of sence tbh

Guye

Lifer
td04 seems to be the cheapest option. If you want response a hybrid is far better. I have a ct9/ct20 hybrid and it starts to spool around the 1500rpm mark. There is simply no lag and the pull is better than the stock unit. On the other hand the td04 is easy to find and if you don't mind sacrificing a little low end response they will produce more power when setup right.

jimmer

Member +
i had the same decision as you have, and i went for a hybrid turbo from AET turbos and i would highly recommend them to make you one. will just about fit like your current turbo but will also have a lot more power. boost comes in around 2k - 2.5k and boosts the whole way if you want it to. TD04 would be another good option, but i havent had one or been out in a gt with one so can't really have an opinion on them. Seem damn popular though.

detomatoB8

Fresh Recruit
most people on here use their cars as daily drivers, if you want to keep the car low on lag then go hybrid if you want to go over 200bhp then TD04 is the most popular choice which is still very driveable but boost comes in around 3500rpm to 4000rpm I believe unlike the ct9 which is between 2500 and 3000rpm.

i wish someday TD 04L 13g being hybrid 1 day ie boosting might earlier as the ct 9 but end up with 290- 310 hp

Galen

Lifer
Thanks for replies!

Think im gonna go for the TD04.
I've come across two options:

1. Type TD-04, Compression Housing 11B, Exhaust Housing 5.0cm2 (Actuator Attached)

2. Type TD-04H, Compression Housing 15G, Exhaust Housing 8.5cm2 (Actuator Attached)

So is there much difference in terms of fitting or will either do?