rewiring fuel pump

GlanzaMat

Member +
i'm thinking about rewiring my fuel pump for a direct feed from the battery, any of you guys got a wiring diagram - i can do it myself but it'll be easier if one's already available

thanks

danturbo4311

Member +
why do you want to run the pump direct from the battery, you can bridge terminals Fp & +B on the diagnositc plug that will enable the pump to run as soon as the ignitions on, or you can take the fuel pump postive wire going off the plug under the back seats & wire that to the battery

GlanzaMat

Member +
why do you want to run the pump direct from the battery, you can bridge terminals Fp & +B on the diagnositc plug that will enable the pump to run as soon as the ignitions on, or you can take the fuel pump postive wire going off the plug under the back seats & wire that to the battery

because with any turbo charged car you want to draw as close to max current from the battery as possible.

my glanza is 13 years old, with 13 year old wiring - so i would hazard a guess that when you are driving the car on full boost i doubt the fuel pump is seeing max voltage.

i've seen as low as 8v at the pump at idle, so god knows what it would have been like on full chat at 6,000rpm

weak voltage at pump = weak pump = not enough fuel supplied = runs lean = engine goes bang.

wiring over time deteriates, and loses resitance and the ability to carry current.

that's why i want to rewire it; its a simple cheap mod yet essential, and often overlooked

Thanks

Arnold

Lifer
Can't you just run a new live direct from the battery? And change the live it's currently got to your new one.. One out one in as it were..

GlanzaMat

Member +
Can't you just run a new live direct from the battery? And change the live it's currently got to your new one.. One out one in as it were..

i need to run a new live cable to the relay otherwise it will be on all the time! if i did it straigh to the pump

perhaps i should have made my question easier to understand

where is the fuel pump relay?
for the people that have done this, where did you find the best earth point?

if the relay is to far away; i'll put a new relay in.

if nobody has a diagram, when i rewire mine i will put post a diagram for everyone else to use. - i was just wondering if anyone had done this

Thanks