rocker cover help...pictures included

Gtjond

Member +
CUNT.jpg

right i found an old rocker cover the other day and decided to paint it and replace it with the one i already have on my car.... but when i got it out today i notised there was a pipe missing that comes off the top of the rocker cover which on my car then runs to the oil catch can...think its called a pvc valve :/
can i just pull the one out my old 1 and put it in this 1 once painted or is the rocker cover no good...

thanks

nazzurro19

Member +
Well you can try remove it but it takes alot of force and due to em being plastic its more then likely going to snap and shatter you can buy a new valve for around £30 so you will just have to paint it then place ya new pcv in :)

Nippon

Member +
Car will run with out it.
People sometimes remove the PCV and add weld a nipple with no valve on instead to run to their catch can which is then routed to the inlet mani.
Will prob get oil out of it the way you have it though.

dark_knight

Member +
bunged

it will run. trust me. had mine bunged at some point when i couldn't find a replacement PCV. just ensure if you bung it, it seals air-tight. the car is still able to compensate for the missing re-circulation plumbing..

Gtjond

Member +
ok so it should be ok to drive around for a couple of days with it bunged or a pipe running straight to the oil catch can ??

dac69er

Super Moderator
try and run a pipe to the oil catch can if you can. remember to block the connection up on the inlet manifold

dark_knight

Member +
no. he means the pipe that would normally be connected to the cam cover (as in, from cam cover to inlet mani), otherwise you'll have major vac and boost leakage.. :)

Gtjond

Member +
i had a pipe from the pcv valve to the oil catch can, then from the oil catch can running to the inlet manifold??

dac69er

Super Moderator
thats fine. i assume the catch tank is a sealed type? i would just block it off at the inlet manifold and then just run a pipe from the hole where the pcv valve should be to the catch tank and then leave the outlet of the catch tank open the atmosphere until you get a new pcv

dac69er

Super Moderator
toyota, camskill. maybe ebay. they arent cheap though, not for what you get.

yo may get one from a motorfactors if your lucky. worth an ask