Runaround Problem

D1v

Member +
I bought myself a cheap run around back in october for the winter mk1 clio £400 its done well lasted throughout without any trouble and kept the glanza off the terrible winter road anyways today went to change airfilter and the old one was covered in oil took the box out and noticed at the inlet mani there was creamy white/brownish liquid, the car also goes through alot of oil i mean if i fill it up within 2 weeks it will have to be filled up again. Anyone know what this could be?

iam not to fussed i wont be paying to get anything fixed its gettin run into the ground its done its job best thing i bought this winter for sure.

jam35

Member +
sounds like possible head gasket to me chect the dip stick and oil filler cap for mayo and go rom there

jam35

Member +
if it only cost you 400 quid then wait for it to fuck up completly then send it to the scrap yard in the sky its served it purpose weather should start to clear in a couple of weeks:drive:

Texx

Super Moderator
It sounds like the engine is breathing heavily, most likely due to excessive cylinder bore or piston ring wear. The creamy white/brownish liquid in the inlet manifold will be a result of the engine oil thats being forced out of the PCV and the condensation build up from the currently cold dense air mixing together.

As it's an old shitter your only using to run around in, I would make up a DIY oil catch tank using a Coke bottle or the like (put a small hole in the bottle so it doesn't pressurise and explode), connect it to the PCV breather and block off the port where the breather currently connects to the air box. As the DIY catch tank fills up with oil, just pour the oil back into the engine and continue on like that until the engine eventually dies.

D1v

Member +
It sounds like the engine is breathing heavily, most likely due to excessive cylinder bore or piston ring wear. The creamy white/brownish liquid in the inlet manifold will be a result of the engine oil thats being forced out of the PCV and the condensation build up from the currently cold dense air mixing together.

As it's an old shitter your only using to run around in, I would make up a DIY oil catch tank using a Coke bottle or the like (put a small hole in the bottle so it doesn't pressurise and explode), connect it to the PCV breather and block off the port where the breather currently connects to the air box. As the DIY catch tank fills up with oil, just pour the oil back into the engine and continue on like that until the engine eventually dies.

Now thats an answer! Thanks alot for that rep added.