Running in forged 5e help please

turbojim

Lifer
Hi Guys
I am about to start running in my forged rebuilt 5e and im wondering:

1. should i plug in emu or leave it plugged out til i have running in completed and i can get it mapped? It has been used before so i have no idea of the map that is on it, I will be getting chris at ccm to do the mapping for me but he is on hols currently

2.what fuel pressure should i be runnning during running in? I have an aem wideband but i dont want to drive the car til i know it will be ok

3.Timing is at 9degrees is this ok for running in or what will i set it too?

Thgank you
James

350ep70gr

Member +
I d say run it in with standard ecu especially if you run stock injectors.(till 315)
And if different turbo than a ct9 then maintain boost at low levels.
Fuel pressure dipents the set up you got .If standard use 2,4 to 2.6 and have a look reguratly at the aem.
Ignition timing should be 10btdc but yea you are very close so you can leave it as it is for now.
When brake in is finished then it is time for mapping...:drive:

Chris

billybob

Untrusted Seller
I d say run it in with standard ecu especially if you run stock injectors.(till 315)
And if different turbo than a ct9 then maintain boost at low levels.
Fuel pressure dipents the set up you got .If standard use 2,4 to 2.6 and have a look reguratly at the aem.
Ignition timing should be 10btdc but yea you are very close so you can leave it as it is for now.
When brake in is finished then it is time for mapping...:drive:

Chris

x2 as chris said .do that and youll be fine james just remember alot of oil changes and check the oil after the first 2 changes just to make sure everything is ok :)

turbojim

Lifer
thanks lads rep!!!

and yes chris standard injectors until its getting mapped and no its not a ct9 its a t3

billybob

Untrusted Seller
thanks lads rep!!!

and yes chris standard injectors until its getting mapped and no its not a ct9 its a t3

just use it youll know your self with the t3 you should be ok it will be laggy so no more than .6 of a bar after round 500 miles or so up and down hills .then after 1000 miles ready for mapping james what injectors are you running for mapping 550s