Running no BOV - Is this setup ok ?

Paton

Member +
Hi,

Decided to switch to running no BOV for a bit of a change and blocked up the appropriate pipes. I then took the recirculating BOV off, fitted the adapter for the Blitz Supersound and fitted the breather pipe.

Is this setup ok ? Might switch to a catch can at a later date.

Cheers for any advice and input.

WP_000143_zps01425806.jpg

Paton

Member +
Cool, cheers.

Catch can seems like the way forward from this point, £40 from Monster Motorsport.

TRD1mos

Member +
Hi everyone.i think your connection is very very wrong.The pipe that went from rocker cover to bov is that to bring oil gas to so that bov work fine.In your way you put extra air (boosted) to your rocker cover,this aint right.Ask a mechanic or a turbo developer and in the near future it will cause problem to your turbo (oil consumetion).

Paton

Member +
Sound, I'll just go back to standard/blitz BOV till I get the catch can then. I did have it with the stock BOV left in at first rather than the breather pipe, would that be fine or have the same detrimental effect ?

omikron

Member +
Hi everyone.i think your connection is very very wrong.The pipe that went from rocker cover to bov is that to bring oil gas to so that bov work fine.In your way you put extra air (boosted) to your rocker cover,this aint right.Ask a mechanic or a turbo developer and in the near future it will cause problem to your turbo (oil consumetion).

the efi pipe only has vaccum iirc