Rust Protection

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
As some may know I now own a wide arch MX5 and as such the arches have had to be cut. After spending many thousands and a lot of time on this car I am very eager that it doesn't rust away into crap. What can I use to make sure that it never rusts?

Matchew

Member +
Where you've cut will it be on show?
If not you could paint over with hammerite thats rust proof.
As an example i used it round the edges of my disks and painted my calipers black and no sign of rust coming through and i did it ages ago

Starlet_Sam

Where you've cut will it be on show?
If not you could paint over with hammerite thats rust proof.
As an example i used it round the edges of my disks and painted my calipers black and no sign of rust coming through and i did it ages ago

No it's not on show, the new arches are riveted over it. I thought about that but is it hardy enough?

Matchew

Member +
Hammerite is very hardy and older chap from my old job had a near con course mx5 and he used hammerite on the rear axle and that gets all the flown up on it as do your calipers all the bits of crap flying up on our roads, i would highly recommened it.
You could smeer a layer of grease over the hammerite to be sure but then all the shit grips to it

Starlet_Sam

Hammerite is very hardy and older chap from my old job had a near con course mx5 and he used hammerite on the rear axle and that gets all the flown up on it as do your calipers all the bits of crap flying up on our roads, i would highly recommened it.
You could smeer a layer of grease over the hammerite to be sure but then all the shit grips to it

I think a liberaly application of hammerite followed by underseal maybe.

Rory

Lifer
Waxoyl.

Nothing better to keep rust away.
Just remember to clean it good before applying.

saddler

Member +
Tbh m8 its real easy to do... I can show you what to do and how to do it.. Are you close to wolverhampton,,,

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Photo-00461.jpg

done with black waxoyle