Safe Boost Level

Deano

Banned
I would just like to know what a safe level of boost is for my glanza the car is totally stock apart from the apexi pod filter once I get my bov, boost controller and boost gauge would it be safe to run at 12 psi? Also what level of psi is fuelcut? Cheers Dean. :)

TurboDave

Member +
Fuel cut varies from around 12.5psi/14psi as long as your boost setup is below fuel cut you will be fine so 12psi should be fine providing you do not hit fuel cut.

monka

Member +
yeah 12 psi should be fine, although as turbo dave said fuel cut can vary, so maybe set it to about 10-11 psi then fine tune it.

ChrisGT

Member +
I run 10psi 'cos I'm scared of 12psi :rolleyes: Don't really want to run 12psi until I sort out fueling just to be on the safe side! Although I really shouldn't be scared about knackering the turbo as it was new from Turbo Technics in March lol

Timmy

Member +
fuel cut comes in when the map sensor reads 13.5psi which will not always be the same as your boost gauge. But yeah aslong as it is under fuel cut.

Montanajr is you turbo standard or a hybrid? if it is you shouldn't even run 10psi.

TurboDave

Member +
Because the 10 psi through the hybrid would flow more air than say 12psi on a standard unit providing the compressor wheel in the hybrid is a larger one.