SARD attack meter

hardcoreep

Member +
Does anyone have the instructions IN ENGLISH for this thing. Someone just brought me a car with one of these things in it? I don't wanna even touch the car until I understand this device.

hardcoreep

Member +
its like an apexi rsm.same idea.check it out on rhdjapan.com and itl tell ya a bit about them

I know what it is. I need the wiring diagram and the operation manual because I don't want to pull apart the car and have the unit either reset itself and since I dont read japanese not be able to return it to whatever setting it had when it came from Japan. Also since I'm adding electronics to the car I don't want to cross/interfere with signals it needs.

RHDJapan is only offering that service to people who bought their SARD meter from them.

GP82

Member +
If it's got any saved setting's in the device's memory it will be a 12v permanent connection to the battery. Which other signal outputs does it have, do you know?

If your pulling it out :confused: and want to retain the settings already on there, jus' don't disconnect the permanent 12v to battery and it's earth.

Is it possibe you can scan the instructions/diagram then you can maybe translate with an online translator. That's what i had to do with the Sard Pro el gauges on mine as i did'nt have a clue what wire was what, showed them to my tech friend and he said it's pretty self explanatory, but i did not want to risk blowing them up.

If you cannot find anything you can maybe try contacting Sard USA.

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
If it's of any use:

AttackMetercopy.jpg

image.jpg

From what I gather, the only issue with them is calibrating the speedo, but I would think those settings would be stored in non-volatile memory, so disconnecting it shouldn't make much difference. It would most likely just need setting up if installed into a different vehicle.

hardcoreep

Member +
Thank you Texx, You've saved a life.

1: I didn't get any instructions with it. The car came from Japan with it installed, but the owner is adding some upgrades which will put the car down for a while without the battery. Even My SAFC will reset to stock if left without power for long periods.

2: Is there a SARD USA? Cant seem to find it.

3: Its actually better than the RSM from what I've read and seen. This is purpose built circuit data device. The RSM is just a general performance meter. The RSM needs the G-Force meter to offer similar data to the SARD.

Last edited: