Scary handling 2

Garci

Member +
Ok guy i took the car to get the tracking done, but they found a problem, so no tracking can be done until problem gets sorted.
this is what they told me this evening: they said that the (Superpro blue poly bushing) that i installed in the lower front control arm is not fiting in the control arm tight enough. they said that when they put the car on the hoist with some force the control arm is moving around the blue poly bushes & becoz of that its impossible to setup the tracking. and that why the car is so scary to drive.

question: how i get the bushing to stop moving in the control arm? is there something i could do?
if not, then i would need new control arms?
is there any interchangable control arms from different car that can fit the
ep82, like from paseo, or tercel?

Garci

Member +
yeah GAZ_EP85_ : but i did a google search and the only place i found that sells ep82 lower arms is TMDevelopement in uk, am i canada. so just want to know if like lower arms from a tercel or paseo would work or do i have to get the ones from TM in uk.?

riko666

Member +
They will work - unfortunately however, as far as I know (I know the EL54 Paseo definitely), they're the same as the contorl arms you have now; but also keep in mind that the Glanza and Starlet GT don't use the same control arm bush, they do have a diameter difference, I forget hat specifically but its a good few mm

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
they prob are the same but i am not 100% sure, am sure someone could clear it up, pretty sure tho,
run the part numbers across the models and that willl tell you if they are the same

Garci

Member +
they seem very similar actually look the same but yeh am gonna try find the toy parts site and double check the part number. if they can work i could get here or in the US which would save me waiting 6 weeks.

anyone else can confirm???

Nippon

Member +

Garci

Member +
you got it bud, the new bushing i have in are a couple mm too small so it moves slightly in the control arm, so yeh i think this fatter bushing set would work great. thanks you for the web link man i appreciate it, could not find any other place tht sells em apart from toyhead with all the search i did ;that should sort me out i think.
Reps added bud.
Thanks again.