Scum on windscreen HELP!!!

Ok, not sure if this is the right section but I didn't know where to post it

I was driving home last night, a journey that took over an hour and there was this scummy residue on my windscreen that wasn't there before (havn't done any driving at night over the xmas till last night). It was VERY difficult to drive when there was on coming traffic as the lights of the other cars made the visibility worse than normal because of this scum, I mean at times I could BARELY see the road. I'm guess it may have something to do with the salt that was put out on the road due to the snow. My question is what is the best thing to use to get this off

take it your washers are froze? i just had too keep pulling over and pour water over my window.

No, thats the thing dude, the washers are working fine and the wipers are too, this was like grease or something, I have never experience it before. Id spray the windscreen and the wipers would wipe of the water but the residue stuff would just stay. Its weird

SCOTTIX

Fresh Recruit
warm sponge and soapy water to thin it down then use screan cleaner along with a squidgee or a rubber scraper ( basically u need to scrape it off ) if its anything like i had on myn i got rid of it that way but itl keep coming back aslong as the salf is on the roads mate

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Sounds funny but baby wet wipes will be ideal...

I use them on the inside of my car aswell as outside then buff clear with some tissue..

There also good for cleaning white trainer's...:haha:

dac69er

Super Moderator
Sounds funny but baby wet wipes will be ideal...

I use them on the inside of my car aswell as outside then buff clear with some tissue..

There also good for cleaning white trainer's...:haha:

baby wipes are magical. they clean almost anything

DavidMD

Fresh Recruit
are you sure its on the outside of the window William?? i was driving the sister car last week and something similar was happening it couldn't figure it out, until i wipe the inside of the window and there was a layer of dust on it, could be your problem.

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
use normal car polish i valet cars in my spare time and thats wot i use on all the windows it works a treat and when rain hits the window it just rolls off.