**Search Utility**All Members Please Read**

Hows it going,

Now I know that everyone is having problems with the search utility on the website not being able to search for words which are 3 letters like Jam,FCD,CT9 etc.
Now if you put a * at the end of the word it should allow you to search and display the correct results, it may not get all the results but its does get most of them. So if you want to search for CT9, click on search and type in CT9* that will display most of the post with CT9 in it im not entirley sure how many posts dont get found this way but at least it find alot of them so its a work around at least. For instance I searched CT9* and got 256 results.
Also if you are after a particular post that you cant find but you know who created the thread or you know someone who posted in the thread then you can search by username. So say you wanted to find a post by myself you would click on Search, Advanced Search, then type 97'GlanzaVTurbo into the box for 'Find Posts/Threads by this user. You can also filter it down to which forum so if its a part I was selling just search the parts for sale etc.
As alot of members have been complaining about the search utility on the site I decided to test it out and it isnt that bad, actual its quite good. If you use it CORRECTLY then you can find whatever post/thread you want and it doesnt take long.
Also please remember if the work around above doesnt work then just search for a another word that will be in the post, like if you wanted to search for CT9 and you have tried CT9*, but this hasnt brought up the results you wanted then serach for Turbo as im sure Turbo will be in most if not all posts with CT9 in it. The search utility doesnt only search the title it searchs the whole thread for you.
If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask, but please remember this isnt a miracle fix and sometimes it may not get the results but it will definitely help.:p
I would also like to thank GTti for helping me out with this, just give you some rep for that ;)
Thanks
Christy
I.T Moderator