Sequential shifter adapter

HorwathBence

Member +
Hi!
I know, that there were topics like that, but that sthg new.

As some of you may know, i am a student at the Mech. Univ. of Budapest, and i am now making my degree exam project.
Anyway. My job is to design a sequential shifter adapter for a Mitsu EVO. (I know. thats not a toyota, -bad for him- but after that it can be redessigned for a toyota... like mine :-D)

So.
It ll be an adapter, which ll be replace the original selector and selector housing, and ll be driven by maybe the original shifter. It seems it ll be purely mechanical, with some electronical addons, like indicators, and ecu switches...
It ll be a good funny stuff.

I am now here for some survey.

Anyone got any ideas for it. If u would use one, what should it be. If anyone used some stufs like that, what are your experience with it ( i ve only found the ikeya one... no others)

If everything is all right with the drawings, it ll be manufactured, and ll be sold, so if anyone planing to buy such stufs, let me know.

thx
bencE

HorwathBence

Member +
Not exactly. That is a complete gearbox. I design an adapter, to replace the selector. Maybe it ll work like thats selector sys, but it ll fit to the normal gearbox housing.