Setting up stock actuator to only run low boost

goldenvtr

Member +
well ive finised putting the ct9 turbo setup on my paseo now, but i only want to run low boost so its been to many years to remember how to set up the stock actuator for low boost.

iirc low boost is 6psi and hi boost is 9psi ? ill be happy with 6 to keep things safe.

marty

Member +
If you could get your hands on an adjustable actuator and just run a vacuum line from the turbo to the actuator and lengthen the arm. There's a rough guide I used setting up my actuator https://home.comcast.net/~ronald_miranda/hksactuator.pdf but failing that I would guess you would have to install the original boost solenoid and work it that way..just keep the button for low boost on constantly and keep an eye on the boost gauge.

Yep low boost 0.4bar and high boost 0.65bar, roughly the same.

goldenvtr

Member +
i suppose i could wire in the original boost solinoid to a seperate switch as i do have one (im not useing an fte wiring loom) ive got a box full of actuators but there all from various subaru turbos and no idea on there base pressures otherwise i would make a bracket.

im sure as the stock ct9 actuator has 2 ports there is a way to plumb is to only run the lower boost pressure. i think it just requires blocking off one of the 2 ports...