Shakespear county raceway - Sat 12 July

goldenvtr

Member +
July 11th/12th - British Mini Showdown & RWYB Public Track Weekend.
This is the ultimate weekend for all Classic Mini & new Mini owners. The UK's premier Mini drag racing weekend. Show & Shine, Mini Cavalcade, Mile of Minis, Dare The Dyno plus Wild Bunch Nostalgia Drag Racing & Junior Drag Bike Championship

ive bene before on teh mini show down and yea there alot of mini there but they still let all other cars run. so if anyone want to join me ill be dragging the GT there and ill be taking my Slicks to try out too. im hoping to get in teh 12's but we'll see, my main aim is to see how the vf28 foes against my td04l time at the same boost before cranking it up in a few weeks time ;)

Shakespeare County Raceway,
Long Marston Airfield,
Long Marston,
Stratford-upon-Avon,
CV37 8LL

get your name down :)

1.Goldenvtr
2.Dub_sev7en
3.Starlet_Sam

Last edited:

Streetech

Member +
I might be able to pop down for the morning but will have to shoot off like I mentioned to you before dan.
You defo going on the saturday 11th?

Mikey Jay

Member +
JAG won't take his down the drag strip, plus I'll be needing this weekend to sort out my car, as going down to Bristol the following weekend so needs to be fixed.

Problem is, done rear disc conversion, but the handbrake cables are seized. Plus, whilst under the car it was discovered that the nut holding on the panhard rod was gone and the rod itself was bout 3mm away from falling off (followed by epic suspension failure of course).

So need to order stuff, and then fit it this weekend

Rory

Lifer
Im usually down at this.
Not this year though, have a classic car show a tad bit closer to home... :D

Have fun lads.

goldenvtr

Member +
lol fair do, quite a travel for you! jsut hope my clutch is ok, if it is, ill be bringing back a 12sec slip ;)

Rory

Lifer
Must admit im gutted im not heading down to this, its a cracker of a show etc.
Pfft, of course the clutch will cope, and take yer title back.... :p

lol fair do, quite a travel for you! jsut hope my clutch is ok, if it is, ill be bringing back a 12sec slip ;)

lleey2k4

Member +
Man id have come tomorrow if i wasnt going to wigan, oh well bring back 1 of the 1st 12 secs this year on here on uk strips :p

goldenvtr

Member +
wellthe forcast is shite :| going to wait a little longer to see if it stops raining but looks like its not worth going :mad:

Shorty

Member +
if any one goes and gets on the 1/4 against a mini watch yourself as some are mental quick! lol i used to have a 130bhp na mini was a rocket and near unbeatable to like 80mph. wish i was going i miss mini's :(