Should I be hitting Fuel Cut?

si2001

Member +
Hopefully someone can perhaps shed some light on this.

EP82 with Automatic Transmission
Stock CT9
Stock Fuel Pump (Walbro 255 to be fitted)
Stock Exhaust
WEPR FMIC
WEPR Manifold
38mm Wastegate with 1.1Bar spring
BOV
Front Mount Air Filter
I/C Removed

Wastegate is piped directly off the turbo (so should be using spring pressure). The BOV goes directly into to the throttle body. Bypassed Hi/Low boost. Boost seems to come on after 3000rpm, before then it seems a bit flat (probably due to no piggyback ecu being fitted yet). Boost definitely comes on strong after 3k however I don't appear yet to have any fuel cut issues. I'm not convinced it's hitting 1.1bar as I'm sure it would be much faster if it was. Anyone got any ideas as to what could be happening. Is it because I've not yet had it tuned with an Emanage (future plan), but surely with boost running off the 1.1bar spring in the actuator I should be having fuelling issues or might this not be the case? Or could it be a feature of the autobox? Any ideas/thoughts with regards to this would be helpful.

Thanks.

fuel cut kicks in at roughly 0.85bar so yes you should be, there must be a fuel cut defender in there somewhere

Last edited:

si2001

Member +
fuel cut kicks in at roughly 0.85bar so yes you should be, there must be a fuel cut defender in there somewhere

Have you any idea where I would look for an FCD? I can see what you're saying however the 1 time I did take it over a ton on track at about 112ish fuel cut did kick in so I'd kind of ruled a FCD out. Just doesn't make any sense. It just seems to boost after 3k and not hit a problem. I really need to get a boost gauge hooked up to see what it's really boosting to because I'm still not convinced its hitting 1.1bar as per the actuator spring.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
like said above u mite still hav a fcd and it the speed cut thats kickin in not fuel cut they wont go over 112mph and it cuts out like fuel cut

si2001

Member +
wired into your map sensor or on your ecu loom mate, you say 112mph does it go over that? is it still restricted?

Thanks for that I'll check it out. Nope won't go above 112mph so it's still restricted, but I think ChrisStarletGT is might of hit the nail on the head with the speed cut.

starbuck

Member +
It will be speed cut for sure .
I'd still check for a FCD though, so you know its there.

Ideally you'd have a Fuel Pressure reg in the mix as well to help.

si2001

Member +
It will be speed cut for sure .
I'd still check for a FCD though, so you know its there.

Ideally you'd have a Fuel Pressure reg in the mix as well to help.

Will do thanks. Always thought my car was pretty stock but it may not have always been the case. If there is one I presume it was put there by someone who knew about the boost creep issues with the autobox with the stock manifold after supporting mods are added. I'll have to get the ECU out for a closer look to see if a FCD is wired in. If I don't find one.......well I guess I'll tackle that when I find out.