Slipping clutch

finch53

Member +
Just driven home from the girlfriends, clutch has just started slipping :(
any idea how easy/hard they are to change in a glanza? I did the clutch on my last car (focus), just im really short on money at the moment.
so if its easy enough will give it a go, if not, any idea on rough costs of getting one fitted?
cheers.

cole

Member +
Just driven home from the girlfriends, clutch has just started slipping :(
any idea how easy/hard they are to change in a glanza? I did the clutch on my last car (focus), just im really short on money at the moment.
so if its easy enough will give it a go, if not, any idea on rough costs of getting one fitted?
cheers.

it should be easyer on the starlet than on a focus
but if not around 100 quid plus the cost of the clutch

finch53

Member +
ok cheers mate. only thing with the focus is i had the help of a haynes manual.
if needs be will leave it to the experts. just cant believe it, really dont want to be spending any money at all at the moment, got £550 of my holiday to pay off on monday, also might be losing my job on monday. so looks like the next instalment of my student loan wont be used to pay off my overdraft after all :(
rep added.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
What focus is it that you fitted a clutch on ? I,ve fitted a clutch on most focus models on a glanza and a gt ! Nothing out of the ordinary on any of them in all fairness , The Glanza s easier than the focus took me 3 hrs first time i did one . Not as much shit in the way to move .

finch53

Member +
What focus is it that you fitted a clutch on ? I,ve fitted a clutch on most focus models on a glanza and a gt ! Nothing out of the ordinary on any of them in all fairness , The Glanza s easier than the focus took me 3 hrs first time i did one . Not as much shit in the way to move .

was a 1.6 zetec 51 plate.
im hoping i will get chance to do it this coming week if i can get a clutch in time as im off uni.
cheers.

finch53

Member +
cheers mate, great help. rep added.
relatively local to me too, im south sheffield, pretty much in derbyshire.

jamesgtturbo

Member +
cheers mate, great help. rep added.
relatively local to me too, im south sheffield, pretty much in derbyshire.

No problems matey anytime ! Dont think you should have a problem ! Just a tip dont take the ball joints out (like you do on the focus ) to get the c.v joints out of the box remove the 3 14mm bolts that bolt the ball joint onto the arm instead , its a hell of a lot easier

Spoonz

Member +
quick run through for u,

Move anything u think will be in the way i.e IC Airfilter pipe Sbend 1 etc etc,
Jack up car remover wheels,
Undo the 3 bolts on lower bar undo clip or zip tie on cv boot and pull at drive shaft,
Repeat on other side,
Undo starter motor and move out way,
Undo Gear linkage and speedo cable and move out way,
Get jace and support engine underneath,
Undo bolts round box and 2 that are on the dust cover,
Undo mount and out comes the box.
Undo cluctch bots and your done then everything in reverse

There are prob a few little things missing but thats the general idea