smoke on over run and idle

iamrab

Member +
well back to the drawing board with this,since ive had my car at idle for a while you get smoke sorta blue white,never noticed it at start up,doesnt smoke on boost or normal driving ,smokes on over run if you dip the clutch and give it a rev ,i recently bought another ct9 turbo from "Idrees" and to be honest its made no difference in fact id nearly say its worse than it was .

now my question is this how can i def tell what it is,cos its really between valve stem oil seals and turbo ,the turbo had play tho not a lot and on closer inspection there were two cracks in the wastegate,today was the first day ive had the car out for a proper run and it does boost tho tails off higher up the revs but about 0.2bar . is it a case of the new turbo being scrap or what do you think ? to be honets im not that happy 100 quid for the turbo and 60 quid on gaskets that i really could have done with out spending if it hasnt qured my problem,pcv valve has also been changed .oil changed has been done and the car isnt using any water or very little oil .

iamrab

Member +
hmm have u done a Leak-down test mate?

i think thats the next route im going to go down cos ive sorta had enuff if im honest ,just want the fecken thing to run correctly esp cos i do a lot of traffic driving so makes it worse cos it smokes on idle and makes my car look like a scrapper:argue:

iamrab

Member +
i think that a leak down test and compression test are in order,its not even like i drive the car that hard ,give her a blast every now and again but nothing mad.if she has cracked a ring or something like that forged rods and low comp pistons are going in her no point rebuilding it to standard

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
i know what you mean about it smoking mine got cure by replacing the turbo check intake for any oily residue being taken in, have you got a oil breather ?

iamrab

Member +
i know what you mean about it smoking mine got cure by replacing the turbo check intake for any oily residue being taken in, have you got a oil breather ?

doenst seem to be any oil in any intercooler piping and im running mesh for the filer, yes just stadnard pipe from rocket need to get a filter but no oil coming out of it

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
hmmm that takes the turbo outa its place i can only think of valve stems, unless its pistons burning it, when was headgasket changed on it? have you done compression test on cylinders get that done 1st

iamrab

Member +
hmmm that takes the turbo outa its place i can only think of valve stems, unless its pistons burning it, when was headgasket changed on it? have you done compression test on cylinders get that done 1st

well see tho does it take the turbo out? its rear oil seal in the turbo could be worn meaning on boost its ok cos its compressed off boot tho ie over run and idle its not compressed and letting oil into the decat?

headgasket to my knowledge has never been changed tho its showing no signs of head gasket failure,no white under the cap or rad cap,no bubbling in the water in rad,not using any water,no dis colouration of water in rad.

my ols rstubros used tto do valve stem oilseals and it was at start up that u notived it most,one of them cracked a ring but everynow and again it would just fill the place in smoke and then clear this glanza doesnt do that .

my heads wrecked cos i just want it fixed and back to normal but im not going to let it beat me .

iamrab

Member +
just had the car out for another run in day light and its worse than it was before,pulled the plugs out and they are all buring fine with no oil or any difference in any of them burning across all four,no oil coming out of the breather...all arrows are point towards the turbo !!!!

its smoking worse then it was on the old turbo and its done about 10 miles of easy driving to make sure everything was ok warmed up and cooled down and running pretty much standard boost tho the boost tails off badly up the revs.

new turbo by the looks of it

Idrees

Banned
The Turbo was perfect on my Glanza, you can ask Tucka who I bought the car off. It was only run on .8 car for the time he had the car (few years) and I took it straight off the car when I bought it and replaced with a TD04.

I had a good look around the wastegate, couldn't find any cracks. They really visible?

If you can prove the Turbo was buggered, you can send it back to me and I'll refund you bud.

iamrab

Member +
The Turbo was perfect on my Glanza, you can ask Tucka who I bought the car off. It was only run on .8 car for the time he had the car (few years) and I took it straight off the car when I bought it and replaced with a TD04.

I had a good look around the wastegate, couldn't find any cracks. They really visible?

If you can prove the Turbo was buggered, you can send it back to me and I'll refund you bud.

well mate for a start you said it was running at .7 of a bar in the ad not .8 ,yes they are visable all you had to do was pull the actuator bar off and let the wastegate flap down and you would have seen them,one is pretty bad one is not so bad.

its not a point of proving its the only thing it can be and short of actually sending the turbo away to have it checked you have to take me at my word. im not blaming you but ya gotta understand too that its been a lot of money tobe out and not fix my problem. the turbo i took off was in better condition,i dont want you to think im trying to pull a fast one either the cracks in the waste gats i dint care much about its the smoking issue thats annoying me and its a lot worse then the old turbo