Smokey!compression test results!

Eoin

Member +
ok wel my car had been smokey from time to time!blue smoke front what i can make!especially when warm and standing! did a compression test and every cylinder was just over 12 bar! had a full head rebuild 2weeks ago and its still smoking! when a compression test shows results like this, is it likely that its the engine ,piston rings ect... from what i can see its not burning oil.. any ideas lads and ladys/!?

sam starlet

Member +
The compression is spot on what it should be mate.

There are three things i can think of it being which are, turbo oil seals or valve stem seals but if you had the head rebuilt i doubt it's the valve stem seals or it could be the piston rings.

What's the milage of the car?

Which turbo is it running on and what's the milage of that?

Christian

GT_Chris

Member +

There are three things i can think of it being which are, turbo oil seals or valve stem seals but if you had the head rebuilt i doubt it's the valve stem seals or it could be the piston rings.

Christian

Cant see it being the pistonrings if the compression is fine?

When does it smoke, does it smoke only when u left it to idle for a while and give it revs? if so then its sounds liek valve stems seals or if it smokes coming of boost it will be turbo? im not sure but i think thats the symtoms you will get.

Eoin

Member +
Cant see it being the pistonrings if the compression is fine?

When does it smoke, does it smoke only when u left it to idle for a while and give it revs? if so then its sounds liek valve stems seals or if it smokes coming of boost it will be turbo? im not sure but i think thats the symtoms you will get.

yea it smokes off boost guys and sometimes on boost too, and i especially see it if im stoped at traffic lights! im runnin standard ct9, hope its not piston rings! but look at the compression test! and its not loosin any oil.. i dont think! how do i know if the turbo seals are gone?? ther is some oil in my intercooler...

Eoin

Member +

Christian

the milage is 120k km not too much like.. what ya think johnny!?..... hybird!!:rockon:

Johnny_C

Lifer
when your in third gear say,rev to around 5k,then back off and watch for blue smoke,if you get aa puff or 2,its turbo seals.take off the turbo and check the intake and exhaust side for oil.

Eoin

Member +
just was driving again today and notice its BAD when its warm and when you pull off from stoping..and when ticking over only when warm though..

Eoin

Member +
thanks lads

turbo oil seals yea??anyone got a good hybrid??is there any definite way to check the turbo??

rmsnoel

Member +
Take off the intake pipe at throttlebody to remove turbo and rev her up. If she still smokes its the engines not the turbo .Also valve stem oil seals are a bitch to fit right so could still be them. 5000rpm in second then back off throttle quickly to let the engine suck on the seals then floor it and if you get puff of blue smoke out the exhaust its the valve seals. But id start my taking off the boost pipe so you know its not the turbo dumpin in oil.

Rebuilt engine will burn oil for a while. Did you get the bores honed and measured properly

Eoin

Member +
Take off the intake pipe at throttlebody to remove turbo and rev her up. If she still smokes its the engines not the turbo .Also valve stem oil seals are a bitch to fit right so could still be them. 5000rpm in second then back off throttle quickly to let the engine suck on the seals then floor it and if you get puff of blue smoke out the exhaust its the valve seals. But id start my taking off the boost pipe so you know its not the turbo dumpin in oil.

Rebuilt engine will burn oil for a while. Did you get the bores honed and measured properly

ryt will i let the car warm up first and when i see it smokin wip off the intercooler pipe at the trottle body?