Smoking on idle

gokart

Member +
Now I have searched the forums regarding this problem, and I have come up with the conclusion that this can be caused through turbo seals or fuelling. now Im persuming after fitting my FPR and setting it to 4.0 bar that this could be causing the white smoke from the exhaust, But when the engine is revved up the white smoke stops, until letting off the throttle again,

any suggestions guys?

P.S the car hasnt been taken out for a proper drive for a while.

wink66

Fresh Recruit
Is the smoke completely white or does it have a blue/grey tint to it?

If you have turned your fueling up then maybe it is running rich and burning off too much petrol.......... Does it smell like petrol or oil?

Also have you fitted a new exhaust in the last few weeks? When i have in the past you can get a white smoke for a few weeks after fitting. I thinks its caused by oil or grease used in the manufacture of the exhaust.

gokart

Member +
Is the smoke completely white or does it have a blue/grey tint to it?

If you have turned your fueling up then maybe it is running rich and burning off too much petrol.......... Does it smell like petrol or oil?

Also have you fitted a new exhaust in the last few weeks? When i have in the past you can get a white smoke for a few weeks after fitting. I thinks its caused by oil or grease used in the manufacture of the exhaust.

Its definatly a white smoke, with a slight hint of the smell of petrol in it! Im wondering wether or not turning the fuelling down a wee bit might help. As I have now got the new fuel pump in too! I've had the zaust on for over a year now!

Matchew

Member +
Its definatly a white smoke, with a slight hint of the smell of petrol in it! Im wondering wether or not turning the fuelling down a wee bit might help. As I have now got the new fuel pump in too! I've had the zaust on for over a year now!

I'd take it to have the fuelling checked because every car differs, yeah it could be running slighty rich but mines a lil bit only boost cus it has a slighty rich map but not on idle

dac69er

Super Moderator
4bar???? that is very high. try it at 3 bar and then see if it makes any difference. if not then i would say its turbo seals.

Loki

Fresh Recruit
I'm surprised noone has mentioned that white smoke is usually burning coolant.. which wouldn't happen from high fuel pressure or turbo seals.. how's your coolant level?

Evanek9

Fresh Recruit
pcv valve

anyone think 2 mention the pcv valve on the rocker cover these tend to block up and when they fdo it smokes on idle it cured my smoking on idle problem

gokart

Member +
I didnt think that there would be so many options of what to do! Ive brought her to work this morning to get a run out and it didnt seem to bad when I got to work!

Although its not boosting fully though, think there might be a slight boost leak now aswell! Seems like its never ending!