soft coilovers

lanxter

Member +
looking at some new coilovers as my tanabees are megga hard and just with state of the roads is getting just too harsh for a daily driver.

just wondering if anyone can recommend any coilovers that are soft but still good handling and arent gunna cost me like 1200 quid.

thanks
mark

Gee

Member +
Spring rates:

Old D2s: 7f 5r
New D2s: 5f 5r
Super street: 3f 2.5r
Monoflex: 5f 3r
BC Racing: 6f 4r

This mean they will be even more firm than the Monoflex?

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
Tein Super Street.
I had two sets here, tried one of them they're uber soft for being coilovers

Gee

Member +
What adjustability would be lost moving from D2's to Super Streets?

Ask Duncan, he got them for like £800?

dac69er

Super Moderator
super streets dont have the kpi adjustment or seperate ride height and preload adjustment.

other than that the rest is the same. they are spot on coilovers for the road. one of my best purchases for the car. well happy with them!

weakboy2

Member +
pretty sure superstreets dont go very low, also right hight is adjusted via spring platforms. I dont rate them at all if i'm being honest, been in a variety of cars with them and they dont really offer any advantages over a set of lowering springs.

IMHO ;)

dac69er

Super Moderator
pretty sure superstreets dont go very low, also right hight is adjusted via spring platforms. I dont rate them at all if i'm being honest, been in a variety of cars with them and they dont really offer any advantages over a set of lowering springs.

IMHO ;)

really? i have one starlet with lowering springs and other on super streets (formerly on D2s), guess which one is better?

they are a million times better than the D2s on the road and they go plenty low enough if you have a lower arm bar

SupaStu

Member +
I also have the Super Streets, and they are a quality piece of kit.

You can adjust the damping levels and ride height, and if you're running on country roads a very low ride height is a surefire way to find hedges and ditches with bad holes and road camber.

The ride height is decent enough to balance handling and comfort.

I find them very smooth and easy to handle than my race spec JICs - only suited to Japan roads.

lanxter

Member +
how soft are these bc coilovers then?

just the orads in rotherham to put it nicely are shit.

one bit of road is so bad instead of fixing it they have lowered the speed from 50 to 40 and put flashing signs saying slow down bad bumps

dac69er

Super Moderator
how soft are these bc coilovers then?

just the orads in rotherham to put it nicely are shit.

one bit of road is so bad instead of fixing it they have lowered the speed from 50 to 40 and put flashing signs saying slow down bad bumps

get super streets mate, you wont regret it

MentaLEP91

Member +
hello mate.
Im currently using K-Sport coilovers to my Ep91 and they seem soft even at the 12th scale of hardness...I rly suggest Teins though

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
I have one extra set of Super Streets left, PM me if you're interested mate, will send you some pics too to get an idea. but you have to try them to see the difference, especially if you have tried other coilovers before.

Rory

Lifer
Instead of buying a whole new set of Coilovers, buy a new set of springs.....

Easy to get hold of, and you can get what you want.

MentaLEP91

Member +
hmmm nothing...i was just looking for some stiffer coilovers than my k sports and i thought those BC's are good quality and rly good price imo

starbogt

Member +
I run D2's on quite hard settings for the road shakes me to death but handling is very good. My wife's on the other hand runs Tein Super Streets and in comparison hers are on hardest damper settings and they are soft as shit and it feels like a boat round corners compared to mine.... Although it holds the road very well and conseals bumps very well.