some advice on a poss legal matter? not car related

bullet

Member +
this is my partner story:::

hi guys,
im having a massive problem at the moment. when i was a young girl, i was repeatedly sexually assulted by a very nasty man and was aways too scared to speak out. when i was 18, the truth came out through someone else that had been abused by the same person. i was interviewed by the police and gave my statement but unfortunately some sicko gave this man the heads up before police had a chance to arrest him. a year later, i met my partner and it seemed as though it was almost in the past. i knew he couldn't hide forever. 18 months ago, we had our beautiful little boy but i never trusted men around him and even struggled to trust my partner enough to be alone with him! everything was going well until saturday, after nearly 6 years on the run, i was told he'd been arrested. i had a huge sense of relief and he was held over the weekend until his court hearing yesterday to find out if he'd be out on bail until trial or held in remand.
Unfortunately it was bad news and he was released on bail as the crown pros service said they can't hold him. I am now a quivering mess and i don't feel safe! im meant to be working thurs, fri, sat and sunday but im struggling to come to terms with the idea of leaving my son! what the hell do i do? im so scared! this is a dangerous man and he was arrested in the same playpark my mum and son were in at the same time! what if he was following me? please please... what would you do? i don't want to leave my son knowing he is free!

any advice on what we can do to keep this phyco away from us?

any police on here? whats the normal procedure?

aidan

Member +
sorry to hear this..
well im sure its part of his bail agreement that he must keep away from ye soif he does turn up 1 call and he would be lifted and put into the cells...your going to have to trust your partner you wont always be able to be with him

bullet

Member +
his bail terms are to keep 100 meters from our family. but this guy is a sick bastard and pertentally leathal. i might not always b there to protect her and my son.
cant belive they let him out on bail. hes been on the run for 6 years and theyve given him the chance to run again

aidan

Member +
yes that was stupit usually when someone is a potential runner they get refused bail utter shit it is...when is the next court day

bullet

Member +
not heard yet, got a meeting with child protection on thursday so will hopefully find out some more then

bullet

Member +
most live close and were really tight on money so travelling away isnt much of an option at the moment

Tanz

Lifer
In my opinion i think you need to talk with your family,make sure and explain to all of them how you feel,,then with them visit your local police station and ask to speak with someone about the matter,stress the matter completely and share your concerns,its the police moral obligation to assist you and help you with the situation..

I hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rev

Member +
It's sometimes worth a chance to find some help. I wonder could the court make a further condition that he can't be in the surburb you live in for example.

bullet

Member +
magistrates have rejected all things to do with restraints, so no tag or anything, so annoyed, wont b in court for 2 months either. grrrrr

SupaStu

Member +
Get her a can of mace and make sure your home security is up to scratch. Possibly ask the police to review your home security levels etc.