Speed Vs rpm?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Hopefully a simple one: I would like to know what rpm a GT does at 30mph in third gear. Also what rpm it does at 70mph in fifth gear?

I'm sure my rev counter isn't reading right, but I wanted to confirm I wasn't going mad before looking any further.

Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
I would take kph as I can convert that.

Wheel and tyre diameter makes no difference if you just go off your Speedo reading hence wanting to compare like for like with others rather than gps

unfortunately, i have not driven my ep91 in a while, and the 3rd gear ratio is different, so that may be an inaccurate reading for you anyways

the 5th gear should be ok...i'll try to remember next time i'm using it

my car is in km/hr...ep91
approximately 2600 at around 50km/h ---3rd gear...slightly closer ratio on the glanza
approximately 3400 rpm around 110km/h ----5th gear

i tried to hit your numbers by trying to be just under or over ...but its not the easiest thing to do

tire size 205/50R15

dac69er

Super Moderator
It is an issue with the dial cluster. Chucked my spare one on and that one worked perfectly fine????

Not sure what is causing it to be an issue. I did notice that the engine temp sat a bit low on my old cluster, the one I fitted sat right in the middle once warmed up.

Need to look into why the old dial cluster wasn't working properly now. Anyone had a similar issues before?